Thursday, July 28, 2016

Diane - Kaisercraft Boho Dreams

Hi all. Hope the school holidays are treating you well, the kids aren't driving you nuts and the weather isn't too cold for you. When I first saw this paper I fell in love with it as did my soon to be a teen daughter so it seemed only fitting that I do a page for her. The Boho Dreams by Kaisercraft is a wonderful array of colours that just seem to work but I would never of thought to put together.
I cut the centre of the dream catcher out to use as a fame for the photo and added Finnabair Micro Beads 'Splash' along with feathers to help bling it up a bit.
 To give the layout some depth I raised some of the die cuts and not others. I coloured some white string with a paste made from Gelato 'Guava' to try match it to the colour of the paper.
 My next layout is a little different but I am more that pleased with the outcome. I had recently purchased Lindy Stamp Gangs 'Buccaneer Bay Blue' and wanted to try it out. Along with 3 other sprays, 'Clam Bake Beige', 'Whale Watch Blue' and a little 'Delphinium Turquoise' the effect was stunning if I do say so myself.
I have a huge stash of Washi Tape but never know quiet the right place to use them so thought I should give one of them a go with this layout. It seems to work but I will let you decide.
 
My last layout was a little more conservative. I love the mix of apricot with the rich blue. As I said before I would never have mixed these colours but they seem to work.
 
As always I hope you find some inspiration from my layouts. If I have any advice to anyone, don't be afraid to give it a go. If it doesn't work it can almost always be covered up or turned into something spectacular. Keep scrapping. Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment