Saturday, February 13, 2016

So long.....farewell - Sharon Newport says Goodbye

LIZ'S NOTE
Sharon has an amazing team member. She has produced such quality layouts for us and I LOVE the way she uses all the gunk/sprays/embellies that we all buy! Our walls have been covered with Sharon's work and we have enjoyed reading her blog posts. We know we'll still be seeing Sharon and following her journey, as she continues to teach classes at SENZ. Thanks heaps Sharon for your support and input at Artfull Crafts.

SHARON'S FAREWELL NOTE 

Auf wiedersehen, adieu.
Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR scrappy friends!!!

With the new year comes time for me to say farewell from those of us on the current design team, and welcome to those lucky scrapers taking our places.
I have really enjoyed my time on the team, and the challenge of creating layouts with fabulous kits from Artfull Crafts.

I can honestly say, that 99% of the time I have opened the design team kit to find products which scream to me to "make pretty stuff", and that 1% of the time I have had to jump outside of my comfort zone and create with something that I was not initially drawn to.
I have found this 1% of the time to be truly rewarding as a designer of scrap pages, as every single page I have made, I have been 100% happy with in the end.  It has also been a good lesson to learn to use patterns and colours that are not normally resident in my scrap room. As a result, I have been able to look at products with new eyes.

Liz has asked us to share some layouts from our time on the team that were favourites . ( How can I choose...there are too many of them !!)

Here's a selection of them











2016 is going to be a wonderful year.... I can feel it in my bones!
This year you will find me teaching at SENZ again, and I have a place on another local design team so I do not fall off the wagon. I hope to get more of my travel album done ( which is essentially in project life format for the bulk, with just a selection of special photos given the "sharon treatment" ) Of course our new grand-daughter is keeping us amused with an endless supply of cute photos that demand a special place in our albums.

Thank you Liz and Graham, and the team at the shop for the opportunity to be part of a fabulous group of women doing the stuff we love. Best wishes to the incoming team....you won't be disappointed!!! Cannot wait to see what you have to share with us.

Cheers
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment