Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Lisa - #me & My Year, My Story layouts


Hello there! My first post for 2016, and here we are in February already. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season and that there is sunshine and blue skies wherever you are. Here in Timaru, after a week or so of cool, grey weather, the sun has made a comeback and it's wonderful to see. :)

I have a couple of quick & easy layouts to share today, made using two of the latest Kaisercraft ranges: My Year, My Story, and the #me collection.

First up: My Year, My Story. This range is designed to use with the range of Kaisercraft planners, but as I am currently planner-less, I figured I'd use it to make a layout instead.


I started with a base of kraft cardstock, and then added a patterned sheet from the 8x8 paper pad. Several of the designs (including the one I used) are gloss-embosssed with subtle patterns, so they take well to inks and sprays. Here I've used some Tattered Angels spray in black, which has helped highlight the embossed hexagon pattern. Once that dried, I added my photo (of Ruby Delilah, my constant four-legged companion) and also added a variety of embellishments, including some of the Collectables, some washi tape, and some wood veneer pieces from my stash. A splatter of black indian ink and a few bling dots finish everything off.

A closer look:


The second layout features the #me collection, which is currently available for pre-order here. It features some lovely quotes, and I've chosen to base my layout around one of them. I used a piece of chocolate-coloured cardstock, a simple black and white selfie, and the quote- along with a floral strip from one of the patterned papers to tie it all together.


The rest of the embellishments are from my stash, and include gold doilies, bling dots and various diecuts. A closer detail shot is below:



The My Year, My Story Collection is instore now, and #me should be arriving very soon!

As always, thanks so much for looking, and I will see you here again soon! (or in person in the shop on Saturday mornings!)

Cheers,
 Lisa :)


1 comment: