Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Megan - Blue Bay

Hello again :)

My favourite colour is blue.  I love all things heritage, history, and antiques.  So Blue Bay? Right up my alley :) :)


Mixed media might be all the rage at the moment but its not one of my favourite techniques to use.  Maybe cos its messy!  I hate messy lol.  BUT, I do like creating backgrounds in my own clean and a bit anal way ;)  For this layout I went back to an old technique that I learnt when I first started card making back in the early 2000's.  I took my favourite Artsy stamp and stamped it randomly with Versamark ink and then blended two different Pearlex powders into my image, before doing more random stamping with black ink.  Tearing sections of the paper, and then inking them added to the distressed look of the background paper.


The many layers that make up this layout, start out with three sheets from the paper pad.  Multiple layers of embellishments bring it all together - I used a mixture of collectables, and Prima metal embellishments from my stash, and to make it look dimensional and not completely flat some items are layered with foam.


This collection is fast becoming a favourite for me - I love how its obviously great for heritage style layouts but is easily adapted to suit a modern day photo :)

Thanks for popping by!

1 comment: