Friday, November 28, 2014

Megan - Fancy Christmas Cards

Hi Everyone!

Today  I have some Christmas cards to show you today that aren't as quick to produce as clean and simple cards but look just as gorgeous!
Both of my cards today use the Kaisercraft North Pole collection, - both are quite different and shows the versatility of the collection, one card traditional red and white, while the other is teal, black and white.


This card measures 6x6 so those paper pads are perfect for it!  Ive cut a circle out of the middle of the card and then done the same thing to the red doily, to create a window, placing one of the collectables inside the 'window' of the card.



Heres a view of the 'window', and the inside of the card.  I always decorate the inside of a card it helps finish it off, but also provides enough support to keep it standing up when the front is heavy. Each card I make always comes with a matching envelope - don't know what on earth I did before the envelope maker was here!


The close up of the cluster shows you how many layers there are to it - a bit of silver bling on the wreath ties in the silver fronds of the cluster.


My second card actually came together quite quickly, I already knew what I wanted to do, but thats not always the case!  I've gone with a non-traditional colour scheme here and adapted it to my theme.  I love the bit of a punch the black gives to it :)


My cluster this time uses Spellbinders Poinsettia die, and Ive made them from white cardstock, inked the edges to make them stand out more and added some bling for the stamens.  The baubles are also cut from cardstock - two dies layered on top of each other and to give them a bit of a kick Ive painted on BoBunny Glitter Paste.  To provide depth instead of the card looking flat, Ive layered different elements using foam tape.
I hope Ive given you some ideas to get the mojo flowing :)  By the way, the Christmas bauble die (Memory Box) and the Glitter Paste are available in the shop!


2 comments: