Friday, September 5, 2014

Lisa - Outdoor Trail layouts

Good morning! :)  It's Lisa here again, and I hope you're all having a lovely Friday-- the weekend is so close I can almost taste it. Let's hope we get some lovely spring weather for it.

Today I'm sharing a couple of layouts I've made using Kaisercraft's Outdoor Trail range, which is perfectly suited for all those pages featuring camping, fishing, hunting and other sporty pursuits. Having said that, here's where I admit that I have absolutely ZERO photographs of any of those activities, so I used the range to showcase general outdoors-y style pictures, and it worked perfectly for those, too. :)


My first layout has a general travel theme, based around a photo taken from the passenger seat while we were on a country drive one weekend. I used a mix of the Frontier and Bush papers as a background, along with a strip cut from the bottom of one of the sheets featuring a map pattern. All of Kaisercraft's papers feature a little "bonus" strip of pattern along the bottom edge, and they're fun to use on layouts and cards to add a little something extra, or to fill in a gap.

Around the edges, I've layered a selection of Collectables, ribbon, leaves, wooden veneers and other assorted ephemera from my stash. A couple of closer shots are below:




The second layout has a base of cream cardstock, which I've sprayed with mist. I've used the Bush paper again--but this time, the botanical print side, with a photograph of my husband at the river on top of it. 


I cut out the deer head and the half-compass images from the Hunt paper and arranged them around the photo, along with a variety of other embellishments in the same tones. I inked the wooden veneer heart with some Tim Holtz Walnut distress stain, and the little bird on a branch veneer is from Prima. Some leaves, ribbon and Collectables round it all off.

Again, a couple of closer pictures:



And that's it! :)  For those of you attending the Kaisercraft evening at the shop tonight, both of these layouts will be on display, should you want a closer look. For those of you further afield, the Outdoor Trail range is available here.

As always, thanks for looking, and I'll see you again later in the month.

Cheers,


No comments:

Post a Comment