Monday, April 28, 2014

Melissa - Kaisercraft Happy Snaps Layouts

Hi all, its Melissa here, happy Monday morning!  I hope you had an awesome long weekend!  Today I'm sharing three layouts made with the new Kaisercraft Happy Snaps Collection.  This collection is described as perfect for the person who loves to journal, and I would also say it is trendy and contemporary with bright colours and camera icons etc, and perfect for documenting everyday life.

By the way, on the 15th of April this little darling arrived, our third baby, and second daughter, Brielle Alyssa Vining.  She is an absolute blessing to our family.



The first page I made was this one about my son's first day of school this year.  I used two different papers joined with the cut off strip.  I love the die cut pieces in this collection, they have perfect words and elements.  



My second layout featured this speciality paper, which I backed with a piece of 12 x 12 white card stock.  I especially love the notebook edges!  This layout is about how happy I am that my daughter loves visiting the library.  I had lots of fun layering the die cut pieces, and added extra dimension with twine bows.  The chipboard elements are by Making Memories and can be found in the shop here.


At this point I thought I was done, but when I looked at what I had left I decided to make one more page as I love this collection so much.  This final layout documents a little show that my daughter did with her childcare friends in Arrowtown during a trip.  The photo isn't great due to the shade on the green, however the memory is important and therefore scrap-worthy.  

For this page I cut apart some of the border stops on this paper, and layered some strips to anchor the photo.  I embellished with die cut pieces, punched butterflies and stickers.  Chipboard elements are by Making Memories and I added grey enamel dots.


I dropped large splats of black India ink on all my layout as a finishing touch.  The dates are missing on all my layouts because my laptop decided to have a tantrum!  All letter stickers are from this sheet.  You can purchase Happy Snaps in the online shop here.

Thanks for reading this far!
Melissa x

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic Melissa, especially love what you have done with the Arrowtown photo - just shows that even if the photo isn't fantastic the extras make it an awesome memory.

    ReplyDelete