Thursday, March 20, 2014

Beck - Hello Sunshine Layout, and a Blubelle sneak...

Well helloooo ladies!  I'm here tonight to share with you some of the Hello Sunshine collection, which you can find in the online shop here.  

I had a series of photos from my nephew's first birthday party that were still waiting to be scrapped, and decided to do a multi-page layout using pocket-page style page protectors.  I wanted to show you that you can use these type of page protectors for 'typical' scrapbooking too, not just for Project Life styled pages.

Hello Sunshine is a lovely fun range, with lots of cute animal artwork throughout.  PERFECT for a first birthday layout!


I decided to use a combination of an 8x10" page protector and one of the 12x12" versions, and seeing as they were being used together for the same subject, I stitched the two protectors together, to make them more 'book-like'.  Ya gotta love sewing machines, right?!


The other thing about pocket page scrapping... you don't always have to conform to whatever shape/size the pockets are, if you don't want to.  I wanted to used the divided look on the front of my 12x12" page, but I ignored it completely on the back side, and instead I trimmed my photos to fit around the pockets.


So hopefully I have given you some food for thought today... and you might want to consider trying some pocket page scrapping in future?  Good!  Artfull Crafts have HEAPS of pocket page themed goodies in store, you can see their selection here online, or pop into the shop for a nosey.  I'll be dropping my layout into the store tomorrow if you want to take a closer look :)

What else have I been up to?  Well, this week I have been playing with one of the new Kaiser releases, Blubelle.  I'll be back this time next week to show you what becomes of this mess on my scrap desk..... for now, it's back to more fussy-cutting for me!


Catch you soon,  Beck x


1 comment:

  1. Hi Beck....love the idea of the 8x8. Very interesting idea :)

    ReplyDelete