Monday, November 4, 2013

Hey Everyone in ScrappyLand...Robbi Here to show you...

some awesome papers I have been playing with lately.
These are once AGAIN an amazing collection from Kaiser and its called  Base Coat 3
as expected this obviously will work well with any of the other 2 Base Coat collections and if you have noticed they have been very cunning and not named them Base Coat 1 - 2 or 3.                     Good marketing I think

Anyway I had some fun with these bits that Liz sent me and came up with a Layout and card for you.
Once again the layout ended up with coloured netting and fibre on it along with a little Tim Holtz goodness (Hey the Man goes with anything and everything!)
You might notice that I haven't filled in the Picture Wheel yet.....I am thinking I like the black spaces in the holes, what do you think?



This Layout was fun to create and I was able to use some favourite photos of Our 2 Boys.
I loved the colouring I was able to achieve by using Key Lime Pie, Trunk Bay and Patina Glimmermists on the fibre and the Distress inks Faded Jeans and Forest Moss on the muslin.

 
This photo shows a closeup of the bottom left corner and the flower cluster (and yes of course you can have flowers on a male layout) the heart, along with the ticket and steampunk cog.
 

Here is the extra card I made using the papers as well. I cut lots of fish tail bannered strips and added them at angles. I used the new Steampunk Clock die from Cheery Lynn Designs and the Die-namics 4 stax die for the title tag, added the chipboard button, twine and coloured fibre and wella ...card complete, Not up to Miss Betsy's standard but a good way to showcase some of the cool papers.

I like the earthiness of these papers and the fact that they intermingle with each of the other 2 collections so you can grab any and all and have a play and they wont stress you out (to much) because they don't work, well I think Kaiser has hit the nail on the head with these collections and they will be the base for many a cool male orientated layout, card or OTP item.

OK scrappy friends that's it for this post, but watch late next week when I hope to bring you something from the Tea Break  and  Looking Glass collections.

Our Son Mike is home from the Gold Coast for a week so I'm trying to spend as much time as allowed (more like allocated! he's very popular) so we are away out for dinner tonight with him and his Fiancé Sherie to finalize plans for their upcoming wedding in March and the fact that I don't want to wear a dress....whose going to be looking at me anyway, I'm sure trousers (jeans) and top will be fine....wont it

Until next time
Happi Scrappin'

Robbi
xxx


 


No comments:

Post a Comment