Friday, October 25, 2013

Beck - Base Coat 3, In the Pink!

Good Morning Ladies!  What a STUNNER of a day out there today :)  We've had quite the roller-coaster of weather this week, haven't we?  Cold and rainy one day, hot nor'westers the next.  To be honest, I'd be happier with clear, warm days, every day.  It sure would make it easier to plan things, wouldn't it!

Righto, why am I here this morning, you ask?  Well, I've had a bit of a play with Kaisercraft Base Coat 3 papers this week...


This is my 'boy' take on a Centre Step card... sprockets everywhere, and lots of variety with the yummy Base Coat 3 papers.  


Like anyone, I often have trouble with 'boy' cards... They are a lot harder to pull together than a girly one.  Let's face it, it's really easy to make a beautiful card, chuck a few flowers and some bling on it, and hey presto, you have a gorgeous girly card.  Not quite the same with boy ones!  I find that making my own embellishments like stars or sprockets works really well for boy cards, as well as choosing less female-themed stamped images.  This truck is an old favourite of mine :)

Now, in the polar opposite direction... this month's theme is In The Pink!  With this theme in mind, I scrapped my stash this week and had a play with some Prima Lyric papers.  I love love love Prima, and this has to be one of my favourite ranges.  I used a Prima Tag as my base, and set to fussy cutting.  I layered and layered to my heart's content, sewing some of the layers on as I went....


Here are a couple of close-ups:


Isn't that little birdie just the cutest?  Then I finished it off with a bit of bling - gotta love stickles!


Now, there is one more thing I managed to get done this week... My Kaisercraft Tool Box (available for order here).  I used some scrummy My Mind's Eye frame paper, and an older Prima one that I love.  This is going to look SO great in my scrap room :)


Ok, that's it from me for today.  Don't forget to try our challenges this month, there are great prizes to be won.  I'm off to work, have a fabulous day!

Toodles, Beck x



3 comments:

  1. Well done Beck - am loving that tool box

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beck, I love your tag - I simply can't do shabby chic no matter how hard I try, and you have such flair for it. :-) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go becks. great work as always

    ReplyDelete