Sunday, September 15, 2013

Take Note

Hi Everyone!  Lydia here today with a couple of projects for you. I was so excited to receive the "Take Note" range from Kaiser.  I love the soft, natural colors and that this range can be used for a boy or a girl.   Even with boys, I find myself using flowers and flower paper on their pages and this range was no exception.  Our challenge this month is "Floral Fantasy".  You have until 30 September to participate and enter to win a lovely prize.


My first project is a layout of my oldest son Aron.  He is growing up so fast and it truly feels like "where has my baby gone?".  He has outgrown me in the last year by 5 inches!


 I loved the 12x12 paper that has all sorts of inspirational and encouraging sayings.  I used the chipboard coaster for size to cut out this particular saying from the paper.


I mounted my photo onto one of the chipboard coasters to elevate it on my page and wrapped it with twine.  I love how I can add a few flowers and this range still has a neutral feel to it.



For my second project I have used 4x4 chipboard coasters as my base.  I used more of the Take Note collection to cover three of the coasters and a photo on the fourth.  I love all the wee bits and bobs that go along with it.  Gathered Twigs is my go to ink at the moment as it is such a lovely color of brown.



This paper  from the Take Note collection was a perfect fit for the coaster.  I love that saying,  "sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart" and believe it to be true.


I absolutely love this ribbon and it was perfect to string my coasters together.  It is so beautiful and delicate looking yet sturdy.


I've added some Kaiser flowers on both end coasters along with tags from the collectables.



I'm busy working on my next project with Kaiser's St. Nicholas range.  Perfect for cozying up in my scrap room on this grey, rainy day.  Where I live in Colorado is having record rains and flooding so I'm staying put and dry.  :)

See you again soon!
Lydia


No comments:

Post a Comment