Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lisa - Kaisercraft Take Note collection mini-album

Hello everyone-- Lisa here. I hope you're all having a lovely day. :) I was fortunate enough to be given some of the fabulous Kaisercraft Take Note collection to play with, much to my delight. I love the muted colours in this range, and the graphic elements are exactly my kind of thing. I think my absolute favourite part of the range are the Collectables-- they're ideal for adding a bit of zing to a page, and the varied designs in the pack are are so versatile.

I decided to put together a mini-album because I find they're a great way of displaying some of the many Instagram shots I've taken. I think that the square format of Instagram photos are pretty much perfect for the mini-album style. Below are some photos of a few of the pages, as well as a few close-ups of details.


I made a simple single ringbound album, using 12x12 pages from the Take Note collection, which I cut into four pieces to use as pages. Two 12x12 pages cut into four = eight mini-album pages. A nice size, I think. :) I used sturdy cardboard for the back and front covers, using woodgrain patterned washi tape for binding the edges after gluing the papers in place.


I decorated the cover with some of the Collectables. (I love the little flags/banners!) The papers in the range have lots of elements that can be cut out and layered and used in a myriad of ways on cards, layouts and BTP projects.


All the papers and embellishments tone in together beautifully, so you can have a glorious mix of patterns without it looking too much like the 1970s exploded all over your pages. (Unless that's the look you're going for, of course, in which case, don't mind me.) ;) The colours are also pretty gender-neutral, which is a bonus. The graphic elements are ideal if you don't want to have to do too much journalling.


I love this camera graphic!  The number elements are also fun-- great for birthday cards or anniversary layouts, maybe?


More little flags/banners, and a tab index. These are ideal for adding a little bit of interest to the album when it's closed. I like mini-albums that spill out from the confines of the pages, as if they're inviting you to come in and look around. :)




Another couple of closeups of some of the layered elements I used, including that fabulous camera graphic again-- part of the Collectables pack. I popped it up from the page with a little bit of foam tape to add some dimension.



And some more layering of the Collectables-- love those doily shapes! I inked the edges to give them a little definition against the patterned page.

And that's it-- nice and easy! Take Note is such a great, versatile range-- ideal for all kinds of projects. I think it would be perfect for Project Life as well.  Thanks so much for looking, and happy creating! :)

Cheers,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love this idea and the fabby papers x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Wendy! the papers are so much fun to play with-- heaps of options with them. :) glad you liked!

      Delete