Friday, September 6, 2013

Design Team Expert - Juanita Patrick

Welcome to Juanita Patrick - Colouring Expert
We are pleased to welcome Juanita to the Expert's Design Team! She's a long-serving staff member at Artfull Crafts and will be sharing with tips and techniques for colouring. Juanita (along with Betsy) does the colouring for the Inklings' packaging. We look forward to hearing from her during the year.



Hi Juanita here.  I am this year's colour expert.  
I started crafting about 10 years ago when my Aunt invited me to go with her to a creative memories party.  I must admit I wasn't looking forward to it as I thought scrapbooking was for "old people", how wrong I was!  From that moment I was hooked. My main focus was on Scrapbooking but I got into Card making as I didn't want to throw any of my bits away.
 

 
One of my scrapbook pages.  I love red as it always looks classy.

I started playing with copics as I had a few stamps with little girls on them and I could never get the colour right with my H2Os or my chalk pastels. I was only ever going to buy skin and hair colours, famous last words!!  Now I own... well lets just say I have a few LOL and yes I am addicted.

Pintsized love card using
 Saturated Canary digi stamp

How did you come to be involved with ArtfullCrafts?
I use to be one of Liz's best customers when she had a homebased shop.  One day she gave me a call and asked if I wanted a job and the rest is history.

What type of papercraft do you enjoy?
I don't really have a favorite as I enjoy it all. But if I had to pick one at the moment it would be card making as I get to colour which I find so relaxing and I love trying new colour combinations.

 
Prima Doll Card


What inspires you to be creative?
Wow that is a hard one......I love going on the net and seeing other peoples work, the trouble is there is so much out there that my mind turns into mush!
Also nothing gets you creating more then taking a great photo, buying a new stamp or getting some new paper!!

What is your favorite craft brand?
Where to I start...... Copics of course for my colouring.  Oh yes I love, love , love Graphic 45 papers.  The only problem I have is that their paper is too pretty to cut lol. 
I enjoy working with Kaisercraft as well.  I love the collections that they have been putting out lately as well as the embellies that go with it.


My re-covered 2013 dairy using Saturated Canary digi stamp

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy papercrafting?

Don't buy everything in sight.  Easy to say but hard to do when you walk into a craft shop.
I would invest in some good scissors, craft knife or paper trimmer.  Also have fun don't stress if your projects don't look perfect.  Remember there are no mistakes in crafting!
Remember if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I will do my best to answer them.
Juanita                                                                                                                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment