Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Design Team Expert Introduction - Vicki Morris


We welcome Vicki Morris - Kit Expert
We are pleased to welcome back Vicki Morris to the Team. Her work is absolutely beautiful and she makes up layouts for our kits and works with the new Kaisercraft products to create instore displays etc.



 Hi there
It is Vicki here doing a little happy dance as Liz and the fab team at Artfull Crafts have in their madness? or wisdom?  have asked me to stay on the design team as an expert!  Now I am not sure about the expert bit but I will just say I would love to help out and share my love of scrapbooking with you! So now for the little bit about me!

What is your field of expertise and how did you find yourself with this interest?
I have been scrapbooking for about 7 years as it was just after my youngest son was born.  He was born 8 weeks early and I had complications so I wasn't allowed out of bed for a while.  The nurses in the NICU unit made up a scrapbook of Jadeyn's little achievements for me as I couldn't get to see him as I wanted - so once I got home I started adding photos to the scrapbook - and hence caught the bug and the rest is history!



This is one of the layouts I have done for Jadeyn's album - complete with his little wrist band and an embellishment and journaling which includes his feet which were stamped by the nurses at NICU and put in the scrapbook!




How did you come to be involved with Artfull Crafts and how do see your role developing through the year?
I was lucky enough to be on the Kaisercraft design team for two years which was a blast.  I just love the collections that Kaisercraft put out - and with Artfull Crafts being the biggest and best supplier of Kaisercraft in the country it was no wonder I tracked them down!

What type of papercrafts do you enjoy?
I go through stages - I love doing layouts which capture the moment and tell the story behind the photo but some days I just love playing with OTP projects and canvas!
This is probably my favourite OTP project of all time given I just love black and silver and cupcakes!




Although I think this is the OTP project I have done which has got the most use with all my son's little bits and pieces!


What inspires you to be creative? 

My kids! I love taking photos and I love getting the story behind them written down so they have something to look back on and think "yep that's why all of us kids are crazy because here is my Mum doing this". 



And this layout is of my three little treasures who you will get to know well with the layouts I do.  This layout is also real treasure as I never have photos taken of me as I am behind the camera!

Not to be left out here is a layout of my better half - Jason - and Jadeyn - so now you have met all my family!


What is your favourite craft brand and why?
After being on the design team for Kaisercraft - I would have to say Kaisercraft!  They have such variety and you find everything you need in one collection!  I also love flowers so Prima would have to be right up there too!

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy papercrafting?
Scrapbooking is one thing in life where there is not a right or wrong way - your way is perfect!

Happy Scrapping :)

Vicki
 



No comments:

Post a Comment