Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sandy - Christmas Card and Jenni Bowlin Studio Kit Projects


Hi everyone ! It's Sandy posting about a project that's close to my heart - a Memory Folder created with the Jenni Bowlin Studio Kit and a Christmas Card I made with the leftovers (in keeping with this week's Christmas Card Challenge).

The kit below is available for sale at Artfull Crafts for only $25! 

Inspired by Heidi Swapp's memory file system I altered a file folder, which you can buy at any stationery shop, and made my own version to hold photos and ephemera about my father. (The file is included in the kit).



On the folder cover is the JBS Kraft Bank Statement made me want to tell the story of my father reading the Financial Times on sunday mornings. I keep the design relatively clean and simple and included some red elements from the JBS Christmas 2012 line for contrast. If you'd like to recreate this layout then be sure to pick up the kit today.



Opening up the folder you'll find a double-page spread. On the left is another vertical format layout which incorporates newspaper clippings in the background. Since newspaper has high acid content you may want to apply a protective treatment before using it on your page. EK Success has an Archival Mist which is intented to neutralise the acid and stop the paper from turning yellow with age.



The other page consists of a series of layered pockets to hold journalling tags and other ephemera.  I  love the look created through whimsical pattern combinations, from the small geometric on top, to that red wheatgrass and the typewriter keys.


Here's the back of the folder all covered up with more pattern paper.


The kit is generously stocked and you can easily make a couple of cards or tags with what's left after completing the memory folder. This is my first seasonal greeting card of the year using the JBS Christmas 2012 paper from the kit.  


I had fun putting together the Jenni Bowlin Studio Kit and enjoyed designing these projects for Artfull Crafts' Vintage and Eclectic Ephemera theme this month. If you visit the store, I hope you'll check them out at the Centrestage display table.   
Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment