Friday, November 30, 2012

Jo - Christmas Wreath

Hi everyone.  As it is time to start decorating the house for Christmas, I thought I had better get moving and make my new wreath.  This post is for Artfull Crafts House or Tree Decorations week.

This is a gift for a friend of mine, and I have done it very natural just like her.  Hopefully she will not guess it is for her, though she probably will. 
I started with a plain white polystyrene wreath.  I tore Kaisercraft wrapping paper into strips, and glued it around the wreath.  It doesn't have to be perfect as you are not going to see very much of it at all.

I was given a big bag of mini pinecones, which has come in handy.  I used a hot glue gun, and stuck them all over the wreath.  I then got two ribbons, gold and brown satin, and glued them in between the pinecones, and weaved them around the whole wreath, and added a few feathers for fun.   


Next I glued on a birds nest and then added some eggs, and a little bird on to the side of the nest, and a Tim Holtz Christmas tree.  I added Kindy glitz  to the eggs and the tree.

Then finally I  had this beautiful metal family embellishment from Prima Marketing which I hung down the back of the wreath.

I hope you have all started getting into the Christmas mood, if not, why not make a wreath, it is very easy and a great family project.  I have bags of baubles that I purchased last year after Christmas, and if I get time, I am going to make another of these using those. Use your cuttlebug or sizzix dies to make flowers and leaves and adhere them.  If you want something different try using wrapped sweets or chocolates.  Enjoy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment