Sunday, May 27, 2012

Q&A with Sesil and Blog Swap Winner

Hi Everyone

Today we have some Q&A with Sesil Cratin, Social Media/Marketing Director with Teresa Collins Designs 

How long have you been in the Spotlight at TCD and if you were to win an award, what crafts would it be for?
I have been with TCD for 2 years. If I were to win an award the craft would be for my card making skills. I love making cards!!

Who is to blame for your craft addiction?
A good friend of mine asked me to go to a scrapbooking party with her. That was back in 1998. The rest is history!

What inspires you for layouts/projects/cards and whose blog do you check every day?
My inspirations comes from browsing websites like Pinterest. A blog I check out every day is...Teresa's of course! Other than hers I am inspired by our own design team. They are just amazing and right now we have the dream team creating with us, we are so lucky.

The stage life is full of thrills and spills. Share with us your favourite project and describe your worst crafting disaster!
Truth be told on this card....this was my 5th attempt to make a card. I usually don't have a hard time trowing a card together but for some reason that day I could not get the creative juices flowing. This card was hard to finish in the end but overall I am happy with the results.


Even though I have created many cards, layouts and mini albums there are times that I am just not happy with the results. I just have to clear my mind and start again. Practice makes perfect. Sometimes even my goof-ups are my best cards I have created.

What tools and props do you always rely on?
I love my sewing machine. I am always drawn to stitching on my projects. I am not a seamstress by any means. BUT, If I can not use the sewing machine...I add bling.

What’s your current favourite technique or embellishment that every project simply MUST include?
Again, I love sewing on my pages. It add subtle texture and just the right embellishment without interfering with the papers or other elements in my project.

Thanks Sesil - it has been great learning more about you and we love that card!

WINNER
The winner of the Blog-Swap comment competition was - Brenda McKay - Brenda email us here to claim your prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment