Thursday, December 1, 2011

Lisa with some Christmas decorations made using Echo Park Chipboard Accent stickers.....

Hi Everyone. Lisa here. Have you seen these fabulous chipboard accent stickers from Echo Park?


I just received these this week and I was instantly inspired by them! I love this range by Echo Park which is called "Seasons Greetings".  I really like to make handmade decorations, but as it is a busy time of year I don't always have time. These are perfect. They are very quick and easy to make & also quite cost effective. You get lots of chipboard shapes in the pack.  Even after making seven decorations, I still have lots of bits & pieces left over to make more decorations or embellish other projects, cards or layouts. The possibilities are endless.

So here is what I came up with......




When using this type of product to make decorations it is important to retain the look that appealed to you in the first place, while adding your own personal touch to jazz them up.

Start by gently pressing the shapes out from the packaging. You can either retain the sticker backing on the individual pieces, or peel it off then rub baby powder on the reverse to remove the stick.
I inked all the edges of my shapes with silver ink using a sponge. I used a paper piercer to make a neat hole in any pieces that did not already have a hole for ease of threading ribbon or string through. I pulled out all my Christmas ribbons, embellishments, embossing powder, stickles, & bling from my stash and decorated away.

Use your embellishments to replicate what is already on the image. For example add dimension by using bling to replicate the berries on the holly. There are lots of great choices in the shop for embellishing with trinkets, buttons & bits & pieces. You must check out the little gingerbread men & holly...too cute!



Handmade decorations are a great gift idea and can become a family tradition that you can all get involved in...even the kids! Its also great way to build up your collection of decorations.


Have a great day.

Lisa















3 comments:

  1. Echo Park chipboard is fantastic quality. I may need to go and make some decorations myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great Lisa - what a neat idea!
    Agree these EP chipboard pieces are great quality
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete