Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sandy - Framed Cards

Hi, it's Sandy blogging today. When Liz brought Echo Park's Victoria Gardens to the store, I knew the ornate frames on the Journal Cards paper would give a nice focus to my card images. 


For my first card, I fussy cut a heart-shaped frame and placed a newsprint pattern behind my cameo head. After dressing up her ponytail with glass baubles, I felt something was still missing.


It dawned on me the frame needed extra height. So I added another frame to create an oval  that fit nicely on the quadrafoil patterned journal card. It was finished off with a bright pink sentiment sticker to perk up the mainly grey and black colour palette.  



My second card owes much of it's charm to the two darling girls from Cosmo Cricket's Trinket paper. I love how a simple switch of their hair and dress colours created the look of a pair of twins. As mannequins, they had price labels around their feet. Placing them inside this frame, eliminated that problem.

 

To soften the rectangular look, I added a circle sticker on the top. The undulating, two-toned ribbon also provided a pretty textural contrast. I had fun making these cards and hope you'll try playing with frames the next time you make cards. 


Supplies : Echo Park Victoria Gardens Journal Cards,  Cosmo Cricket Odds and Ends (Trinkets, Junk Drawer), Basic Grey  Out of Print (Daily News, Sticker), Dusty Attic Cameo Head, Making Memories Paper Reverie Sienne Baubles, Kaiser Craft Sparklet Coral, Green Tara Two Tone Wave Ribbon - Red, Teresa Collins Timeless Die-Cut, Versa Magic Niagara Mist, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Sweet Clover

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely Sandy, Love what you have done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Sandy - you blow me away again with these fabulous creations! So elegant and I love how you have used the colours.

    ReplyDelete