Monday, September 19, 2011

Not quite Spring...

... and I don't just mean the weather! I hope you're loving all the inspiration the new DT are giving you. I sure am! However, with all the moving we're doing (still!) I haven't exactly been doing much crafting. We did enjoy a day at Fairlie on Saturday - teaching cards to 22 keen ladies. It was a sunny Spring day and we created a selection of cards (male, Christmas, floral etc) and it was great.

I forgot to take photos of the cards we made (oops!) so instead I thought I'd share with you the cards that we will be making at this Wednesday's card class. We're going to create some Christmas themed cards - the ladies are keen to get their cards made and sent away before the springy weather brings their gardens to life. I don't mind creating Christmas cards at this time of the year anyway. To me the message of Christ coming to earth to ultimately pay our sin-debt is worth celebrating everyday!!

Card One - Criss Cross Card. I found an excellent tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers on how to create these cards. There is a postcard styled card inside - so the card acts as a type of open envelope.


Card Two - diagonal cut. I've just cut a corner off the card and trimmed it with border punch and some leafy garland.  The stamped sentiment is from the new CC Designs Stamps we restocked last week. This set is really lovely and is called Christmas Card Verses. There are 13 thoughtful verses mounted on ez-foam that cling to your acrylic block or handle.


I've used the new Simple Stories collection called 25 Days of Christmas. I think that this new company have amazing designers and this collection is really very very well designed and the quailty of the papers is outstanding. With that in mind, I teamed the papers with some nice Bazzill colours (Brick, Lizard and Sawdust), some new leafy garland ribbon from Green Tara (red, olive, silver and gold are being loaded online this week), new Manor House green leaves, my favourite Parisian Accent Spellbinders, a Martha punch and last but not least the Spellbinders Nested Poinsettia. To be honest this die is one of my all time favourites. If you don't have this die then you'd better get in quickly to the shop. I have secured the last 7 in the country - and they are a deleted item. I've purchased another one so I can have one at home and one at the shop!!

Did you know you can cut through felt with the Spellbinders dies? My favourite trick is to use this die with red felt and layer the flowers. Why don't you try that at home? This week we'll be loading some new Christmas coloured felt packs on the website - so keep your eye out for them! I'll do a felt tutorial another day.

Have a great sleep!!
:-) Liz

1 comment:

  1. Liz - I am totally copying this idea for my Echo Park post cards! Seriously - for anyone who does not really like to make cards OR who lacks good card ideas (like me) these ideas are perfect!

    ReplyDelete