Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Christine - Layered Arches Punch Technique

Hi Christine here with some cards and a punch technique for you to try.

First up is a Spring card (only because Tilda is holding chickens!)



The 2nd card is a similar layout. I have made the circle borders using the Martha Stewart Layered Arches Border Punch. Just love making these to lay across my cards, I can add pearls or rhinestones to the centres for a nice effect too.
Here is a tutorial for you to follow on how I go about making these borders. If you don't have this punch perhaps you can try it with another border punch.




Then I had to see what could be created with the Layered Arches corner punch.
On this card the black border has been made using the Layered Arches Corner Punch.




Here is a tutorial for you to try to make one of these borders. Hope you can follow it , the distance between the markings is 1 1/8 inches. You are also working from the wrong side (so you can see the punch outline) so the markings wont show when you are finished.


Next month I will show you 2 more ways to use this punch to make shapes.  Here are 2 more cards I have made using  the My Minds Eye Lost & Found -Union Square 6x6 Pad.




They are part of a set of 4 cards that I will be doing  as a Class at Artfull Crafts on Saturday 12 November.
Look for more details about this class next month.

 TFL
Have a great day and Happy Crafting!

Christine

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I don't own any border punches as yet but your cards are certainly inspirational!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Chistine and isn't it great what you can do with the punches other than straight edges. Absolutely love those Martha punches. Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards & tutorial Christine. I love my punches ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tutorial thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know you could do that! How useful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fantastic way to show how versatile these punches are.
    Awesome post Christine!!

    ReplyDelete