Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sneaks of the Design Team Applications... and Boys projects

We can't wait to show you the new Design Team tomorrow! Until then we want to thank everyone who applied. Here are some of the projects that were submitted.

LAYOUT SELECTION


CARD SELECTION


PROJECT SELECTION



 What a tough job for us! We look forward to catching up tomorrow and sharing the new Team with you then. Exciting stuff!

Until then, here are some projects that I've been working on with the new Kaisercraft Hunt and Gather collection. I'm LOVING this new range!


Here's the Frame Clock that I've been working on. It started like this: 
 And finished like this:
 

I'm really happy with it. I was hoping to do something a little different with it - so I choose to rip out the squares, ink them up and then place them into the dips of the clock. (The usual method is to have the papers behind the frames - but this was going to look too flat.) I was really wanting a very rough finish :-)

Here's a quick tutorial of how I completed the project:
Step One:

Glue to top Frame to the bottom. Ink the front face and the sides using a Tim Holtz Blending Tool, using Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

Sprinkle water on top and then dab with a tissue.


 Find the embossed paper out of the Paper Pad (or stamp your own design and emboss with clear powder). Then add ink over the top.

 Wet the edges, roll and rip them.

  

 Add some tags, twine, and some real possum fur...


We also used some of the Hunt and Gather Range for card class last week. It's perfect for men!



 

  Finally I did a layout of our hunting trip last weekend! I've realised that I'm best to create layouts as soon after the event as possible - or else they get left in the "to do" box!! Enjoy...


Have a fab day. We're at the Craftathon til 10pm tonight - so we'll see if I get anything finished!!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Liz! Great tutorial as well. I have some Hunt and Gather projects to share too - they are SO different to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say as well we have some simply amazing applications to the Design team. It's a shame we couldn't accept everyone. I hope the people who entered will continue to enter our monthly Challenges as we have 2 prizes every month and we feature each and every entry on our blog and website.
    Lowri
    Artfull Crafts Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW I am so excited, the clock is just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation ! Thanks for the tutorial for creating your own distressed patterns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz I just love the card you made the distressed and grungy look is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete